california blogger

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Welcome To The Hotel California

Posted by Picasa
Hotel California By The Eagles

On a dark desert highway Cool wind in my hair...Warm smell of colitas Rising up through the air Up ahead in the distance I saw a shimmering light My head grew heavy, and my sight grew dim I had to stop for the night...

There she stood in the doorway I heard the mission bell And I was thinking to myself This could be Heaven or this could be Hell...Then she lit up a candle And she showed me the way There were voices down the corridor I thought I heard them say...

Welcome to the Hotel California Such a lovely place Such a lovely place Such a lovely face...Plenty of room at the Hotel California Any time of year Any time of year You can find it here You can find it here...

Her mind is Tiffany twisted She's got the Mercedes bends...She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys That she calls friends...How they dance in the courtyard Sweet summer sweat Some dance to remember Some dance to forget...

So I called up the Captain Please bring me my wine He said We haven't had that spirit here since 1969...And still those voices are calling from far away Wake you up in the middle of the night Just to hear them say...

Welcome to the Hotel California Such a lovely Place Such a lovely Place Such a lovely face...They're livin' it up at the Hotel California What a nice surprise What a nice surprise Bring your alibies...

Mirrors on the ceiling Pink champagne on ice And she said We are all just prisoners here Of our own device...And in the master's chambers They gathered for the feast They stab it with their steely knives But they just can't kill the beast...


Last thing I remember I was running for the door I had to find the passage back to the place I was before...Relax said the nightman We are programed to recieve You can check out any time you like But you can never leave...


5 Comments:

  • This is the Historic Union Hotel in Los Alamos, California which is near Buellton off the 101 FWY.
    It's still in use today after many restorations.
    check it out at
    http://www.unionhotelvictmansion.com/history.shtml

    By Blogger willemina, at Sun Aug 27, 05:27:00 PM PDT  

  • Hi Willemina!! Hope to see some pictures real soon of what has been going on in California!! :)

    BBL=Be Back Later

    Peg

    (I am actually taking today off from BOOKs, Reading, Writing..etc etc etc...) It is pouring down rain and I just happened to venture out and rent some DVD's before the downpour.....so a popcorn and movie night for me...ahhhhhhhhhhhh much needed!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Sep 02, 04:05:00 PM PDT  

  • Willy,
    Danke for all your flattering comments on my blog, I love it!
    Give yourself a pat on the shoulder for getting my pictures on Picasa, so I could send them to the blog and anyone else I want to pester.
    I was trying to make a collage when I ended up with the first picture all crooked. Than I was not able to delete or edit it, ach, the story of my life,LOL.
    But I am straight! LOL
    Re skiing: I was 38 when I learned downhill skiing here in Ohio. Then I went for a Seminar in Vail and got hooked on great, non icy, skiing conditions. Am not good, but love skiing for multiple reasons:
    1) Being outside, and enjoy snow instead of complaining about it.
    Of course it should only snow over skiing areas.....
    2) You can do it by yourself.
    3) You can enjoy it at whatever ability level you ski. When one is "older" its' like with so many other things, we are not out to impress someone anymore!
    4) You meet nice people...except in the "East", where kids ski or board totally out of control.
    "Western" skiers are in control and well mannered, IMO!
    5) You have to totally concentrate on what you are doing, or you'll "wipe out".
    Good especially in troubled (not financially, than you can't afford this, LOL) times, all problems are pushed into the background.
    6) YOU ARE IN AN EXTRA BEAUTIFUL WORLD!!!!

    Tschuess,
    bis Spaeter, (BBL)
    Ellen
    P.S.: Is the sobriety test for posting here extra difficult on the weekend on purpose? LOL!!
    ESPECIALLY ON A HOLIDAY?!

    By Blogger droma, at Sun Sep 03, 01:03:00 PM PDT  

  • Willemina, good afternoon.

    I came over to see the photos of Sylvia and you. Guess, you are still out busy with the holiday weekend.

    Tis a busy time as well for me, not much time for this or anything else at the moment.

    I love the song, Hotel California, such a classic.

    Back soon,
    Enid

    By Blogger Belizegial, at Sun Sep 03, 02:13:00 PM PDT  

  • HEY!!! I am waiting for the photos also!!! Can't wait to see the fun you had!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Sep 03, 04:59:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home